This notice explains how Briggs Equipment UK Ltd, with registered address at Orbital 7, Orbital Way, Cannock, WS11 8XW, and as a Data Controller, (hereinafter together "Briggs" or "we"), process your personal data.
We are committed to protecting our customers and suppliers personal information. We explain in this notice the type of information we process, why we are processing it and how that processing may affect you.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with Briggs and/or our websites, and when you purchase goods and services from us. This could include:
- your name;
- your gender;
- your address, email address, fax number and phone number;
- job title;
- your payment and delivery details, including billing and delivery addresses and credit card details, where you make purchases from us; and your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us.
What information do we receive from third parties?
Sometimes, we receive information about you from third parties. In particular:
- your name;
- your gender;
- your address, email address, fax number and phone number; and job title.
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where you make a sale or hire from us or enter a competition we run. This includes:
- verifying your identity;
- taking payments;
- communicating with you; and
- providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of products, prizes or services.
As required by Briggs to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to provide products and services you have requested, and respond to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- we monitor use of our websites, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline;
- we use information you provide to personalise our website, products or services for you;
- if you provide a credit or debit card as payment, we also use third parties to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud (see data sharing below);
- we monitor customer accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law;
- we use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services;
- we will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation); and
- we use data of some individuals to invite them to take part in market research.
- we will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us, our affiliates and carefully selected partners.
- we place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies Policy and the information provided to you when those technologies are used.
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
Where you give us consent:
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data will also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on behalf of Briggs for the purposes identified above. Such third parties include providers of website hosting, maintenance, DVLA mandate checking and identity checking.
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Where information is transferred outside the EEA, and where this is to a stakeholder or vendor in a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, data is adequately protected by EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses, an appropriate Privacy Shield certification or a vendor's Processor Binding Corporate Rules.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us – or our data protection officer – using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred. This is the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.
How do I get in touch with you?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at email@example.com or by writing to Orbital 7, Orbital Way, Cannock, WS11 8XW addressed for the attention of the Legal Department.
How long will you retain my data?
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data [indefinitely] so that we can respect your request in future.
Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract or for a competition, we keep the data for 6 years from your last interaction with us.
I HAVE READ AND ACCEPTED THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
BY CLICKING IN THIS BOX I GIVE MY CONSENT IN ORDER TO RECEIVING MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION, BY POSTAL MAIL, EMAIL, TELEPHONE, SMS OR OTHER EQUIVALENT ELECTRONIC MEANS, ABOUT PRODUCTS AND SERVICES RELATED WITH BRIGGS.
BY CLICKING IN THIS BOX I GIVE MY CONSENT TO BRIGGS TO USE MY PERSONAL DATA IN ORDER TO CREATE PROFILING AND AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING BASED ON MY BROWSING BEHAVIOUR AND THE USE OF MASSIVE DATA PROCESSING TECHNIQUES (BIG DATA) FOR MARKET ANALYSIS PURPOSES AND PROVIDE INFORMATION ABOUT PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, INCLUDING ONCE THE CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP HAS ENDED.